GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - There is no doubt, it's HOT, HOT, HOT outside. My little guy is running around like crazy and I'm doing everything to keep him cool. Since his recent allergy diagnosis ice cream isn't allowed so we're really into popsicles! The great thing about making your own is that you know they are fresh and healthy!
Our favorite frozen treats:
-Freeze your favorite yogurt flavors
- Drop in berries or diced fruit for added fun
- Swirl two flavors together for a colorful treat
-Freeze your favorite low sugar juice
- We love apple, orange and grape juice
-Blend a smoothie & freeze
- Blueberry, banana & apple juice
- Strawberry, blueberry & apple juice
- Strawberry, banana & yogart
If you child is too young for a popsicle I recommend using a mesh bag feeder. Place frozen berries, fruits or ice cubes in the bag. This is great for a hot day and for teething!
The winning school is announced in the Salvation Army Kettle Creation Contest.
Shari Steinbach, from Meijer has some great holiday gift ideas.
It's OK to Deck The Halls, just Don't Burn Them Down This Holiday Season.