GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - Spring is here and now that you're a new mom, you've got some new chores to add to your Spring cleaning list. The nursery is probably ready to be aired out and due for deep clean. Here's some helpful ideas of where to start.
Nursery Deep Clean To-Do List:
1. Get organized and clear out the clothes that are too small for your child. Be sure to put away most Winter items, leaving a few long sleeve shirts and long pants in case of a cool day or evening.
2. Use old diaper boxes for clothing storage. They're free and chances are you probably have a few extras laying around waiting to be recycled. Label them with a Sharpie and store for later or the next baby.
3. It's time for a toy rotation. Put away some of the toys your child isn't interested in (think of the Christmas clutter) and bring up some old toys or even some new toys that you've been saving.
4. Disinfect current toys. Give them a good wash in hot soapy water and be sure to run the stuffed animals through a gentle cycle in a pillowcase in the washing machine.
5. Clean key area like the diaper pail and laundry basket. Don't forget to get the layer of dust off the celilng fan and sweep and mop under the bed and changing table. Also give the matress a good airing out and wash all bedding including comforters ect.
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.