Updated: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 11:10 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 11:10 AM EST
Grand Rapids, Mich. (WOTV) - There is nothing I love more than the holiday season! Now that my son is a year old I'm so excited to expose him to my favorite time of year. If you're like me and have a baby or toddler who doesn't exactly understand, there are still plenty of activities around town that you can enjoy together. Here's my baby-friendly holiday list:
1. A trip to the Christmas Tree Farm! Pack up the family and head out to pick the perfect tree. Your little one will enjoy running around and touching all of the different textures around them. Plus a lot of places have additional activities for the kids to enjoy. Here's a list of Christmas Tree Farms around west Michigan.
2. Frederik Meijer Gardens Christmas Around the World. Experience the most magical time of year as Meijer Gardens transforms into a world of winter magic with the glow of 300,000 lights, more than 40 captivating international trees and displays, strolling carolers, horse-drawn carriage rides and more surprises than can fit under the tree. Check out their website for times and prices .
3. A visit to wonderland! Stop by the new Art Van Wonderland on 28th Street to experience thousands of lights, beautiful decorations and get your child's picture with Santa in his village. Photos are complimentary, here are the times you can meet Santa.
4. Ride the Santa Train. All aboard! Take your tiny tot on the Santa Train in downtown Coopersville. Let the elves escort them aboard for a day of fun. Meet Santa, ride the train, get a gift and listen to "The Polar Express". Here are the details on their website.
5. Enjoy the twinkling lights around town. There are many homes around west Michigan that put on fabulous displays of lights to music. Bundle up your little one or watch from the car. They'll love the lights and music and you'll the love the price tag- FREE! If you want to try a great indoor light show that will dazzle your little one, head up to Norton Shores for this amazing show- The Holiday Road Light Show.
Follow Teresa's personal journey through breast cancer and get to know the real …