Updated: Monday, 07 Jan 2013, 9:59 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Grand Rapids, Mich. (WOTV) - When you're pregnant everyone always tells you what not to eat but I'm here to remind you of some great food that are great for you and your growing baby! I've scoured my favorite parenting online resources and compiled a list of pregnancy power foods. Just remember, if you're not sure if a food is safe during pregnancy consult with your doctor first. It's always better to be cautious when it comes to baby.
1. Bananas! They're filling, sweet and are sure to give you a quick energy boost! Filled with potassium bananas are a portable snack that is perfect to tuck away in your purse when you're fighting pregnancy fatigue.
2. Oranges. Load up on vitamin C while you hydrate. Oranges are mostly water and while your pregnant, staying hydrated is must-do!
3. Artichokes. Break out the chips and mix up bowl of warm artichoke dip! While this is no free pass to splurge, you can help justify those delicious chips and dip by knowing that artichokes are packed with fiber, folates and iron- all great for moms-to-be.
4. Pumpkin seeds. Satisfy that craving for a salty crunch by roasting up some pumpkin seeds. Snacking on this power food means your fueling your body with protein and zinc which will help your energy and aide in muscle repair and healing.
5. Cereal with milk. This gives your body and your baby two good things in one meal. Choose a cereal that's fortified with Vitamins and folic acid and top with milk to ensure you're getting enough calcium.
Follow Teresa's personal journey through breast cancer and get to know the real …