Updated: Friday, 16 Nov 2012, 4:06 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 17 Nov 2012, 1:00 AM EST
Grand Rapids, Mich. (WOTV) - Thanksgiving is the perfect holiday to bring eco-friendly organic touches into your autumn décor. From your dining room table to your front door, this time of year has the tradition of using resources that warm the spirit and make your home feel welcome. The centerpiece for your thanksgiving doesn’t have to be a turkey- a bowl of gourds and white pumpkins can look just as festive. For ways to organically decorate your home, read on.
1. Welcome guests from your doorstep. Instead of buying a wreath, how about using elements found in your backyard? From hay to raffia leaves, and pine cones, your front door can use organic products that mean more since they are one of a kind to your home. Shape them into a wreath, or recycle one from last year and add on natural elements.
2. Decorate your front porch. For a warm welcome try pumpkins and gourds with a bale of hay. Potted plants with orange, brown, and rust foliage can add a beautiful color next to your front door.
3. Use fruits and vegetables as a centerpiece. Colored corn in the husk, squashes, and acorns, coupled with candles make a beautiful, inviting centerpiece.
4. Use leaves in your home. Since leaves are everywhere this time of year, why not put them to good use? Leaves can be used for décor mixed with berries, ribbon, and wire. Get your kids involved for craft time. Decorate leaves with glitter, beads, and markers for a homemade feel.
5. Garland. Use grapevine or wiry tree branches to make garland. It looks great around your front door, arch ways, and stair railings throughout your home.
6. Tree branches. If you live near mature trees, use branches and limbs on your fireplace mantle to bring festive rich color to the fireplace. Nestle in miniature pumpkins, leaves, cranberries, and straw to make the branches come alive. Natural outdoor touches brought inside pulls in nature and holiday themes without being overbearing.
7. Lighting. Candles, soft lights, and outdoor luminaries make beautiful additions to your home for the holidays.
8. Kids crafts. There are dozens of holiday craft ideas for kids. Grab the kids and head out on a nature hike to find nature inspired craft ideas. They will have much fun decorating your home!
9. Place cards. To decorate each place setting try hand written place cards attached to acorns or nuts for an original dinner plate.
10. Fresh flowers. Regardless of the season, fresh flowers are perfect to decorate your home with. Use rich reds, oranges, and yellows for a decorative display. Use apples, pumpkins, and other festive fruit to make it your own.
Your Thanksgiving home can bring nature and the holidays together perfectly. Use your imagination to bring natural décor into your home!
H&M, Hennes & Mauritz, one of the world’s largest retailers known for offering …