GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - Margaux Drake, has two delicious vegetarian recipes to freshen up your menu for spring.
Lemon Herb Spring Vegetable Sauté (v/gf)
Makes 4-6 servings
2 C Rice, long grain basmati
Juice of one lemon
1/2 t Sea salt
32 oz Vegetable broth
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 t Cumin seeds
1/2 C Fiddlehead ferns, blanched
12 Ramps/wild leeks, separating the white bulb from the green leaves
1/2 C Cashews
1/4 C Mint leaves, fresh and chopped
6 Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Add rice, lemon juice and sea salt to vegetable broth and bring to a rapid boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook rice for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Cover the rice, remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Prepare the fiddleheads by washing and trimming off the end of the stem.
5. Prepare the ramps by cutting off the white bulb and chopping. Coarse chop the greens separately.
6. In a sauté pan heat olive oil then toast the cumin seeds.
7. Next, toss in ramp bulbs and the fiddleheads for 3 minutes and sauté until tender then add the ramp leaves and cashews until leaves wilt.
8. Combine the rice with the spring vegetable sauté in a serving dish.
9. Garnish with chopped mint and lemon wedges.
Rhubarb Crisp (v/gf)
Makes 6 servings
2 C Rhubarb, chopped
3/4 C Brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 C Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
1 C Quick oats
2 T Ginger root, grated
1/4 C Smart Balance, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of a glass pie dish with 1 t of Smart Balance.
3. Place the chopped rhubarb in the bottom of the pie dish.
4. Hand mix the rest of the ingredients and then sprinkle over the rhubarb.
With spring produce hitting grocery stores, now is the time to test out new recipes! Margaux Drake will be at the D&W Fresh Market at Knapp's Crossing, this Thursday, May 2 from 6-7 p.m. demonstrating a variety of ways to prepare asparagus. Cost of the class is only $15 with your D&W "Yes" rewards card. Click here for more information.
Tuesday night has a seriously funny lineup on ABC! Check out what's in store for your favorite shows on WOTV4!
The community came together for a surprise dedication for a local Grand Haven woman. The dedication was in memory of Vicki Check's son, Andy Fox, who drowned in a rip current in Grand Haven. See the emotional video and photos here!
Ladies spent the evening mingling over desserts and cocktails while shopping to supporting a great local cause. Here are photos from this year's Shop Soirée charity event!