GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) - Feeling more blah than ooolala about your hair lately? With a few simple tricks you can shed years off with a fresh fun style. You can create a whole new look by changing one small detail. Try these tips for yourself, or you can see how they make a difference on your favorite celebs by clicking through our gallery.
- Instead of this: Bangs that go straight across your forehead can hide lines and wrinkles, but it also hides your face.
- Try this: Pushing your hair out of your face with grown-out or side swept bangs illuminates your skin making you look younger.
- Instead of this: Flat, one-toned hair color can wash out your skin and make you look dull.
- Try this: Adding highlights or a toner for richer hair color warms your skin making you look glowing and luminous.
How to style hair:
- Instead of this: Pin straight hair can look chic, but it can also make you look more severe and older than you actually are.
- Try this: Soft waves frame your face beautifully, making you look fresh and young.
- Instead of this: Sharp angles in short hair can look very edgy and dramatic. It's a cute look, but it can also make you look hard and stiff.
- Try this: In daytime try a smooth and feminine look with short hair. It will make you look young and soft.
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.