Chef Ray from Meijer has a fun recipe that will put a twist on the traditional Thanksgiving turkey. Here is his citrus herb recipe that will leave your dinner guests wanting more.
Citrus Turkey with Herb Rub
1 key lime
1 Mandarin orange
1 stalk of celery
1 large carrot
1 medium sweet yellow onion
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tbsp. thyme
3 tbsp. basil
5 cloves fresh garlic, grated
salt and pepper
1. To make rub, combine oil wit spices in a small dish, mix and set aside.
2. Separate skin from the meat of the turkey and rub the oil mixture under and on top of the turkey skin.
3. Remove giblets and stuff the turkey cavity with citrus and aromatics. Tie the turkey legs together with kitchen twine to keep in place.
4. Place in a roasting bag or pan and cook at 350 degrees until the dark meat registers 170 degrees and the while meat registers 160 degrees.
5. Let the turkey rest for 15-20 minutes. Then carve and serve.
Student marvels at how far they've come
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.
It's the first Christmas lights competition of its kind for television! Four families will compete each week to transform their homes for the holidays for a big cash prize!