WYOMING, Mich (WOTV) - Cruiserfest at Craig's Cruisers finished off with a giant birthday cake for Cruiser and the party. Maranda even saw Connie and Curtis from 95.7 ! Jennifer Hoekstra, representing Helen DeVos Children's Hospital and Safe Kids Greater Grand Rapids , gave her safety tips for back to school time.
If your children walk to school:
- Always cross at a designated crossing corner
- If there is a crossing guard, always obey their signals
- Add reflective materials to your child's shoes, backpack, or clothing to make them more visible to cars
- When crossing the street always: look left, look right, then look left again before crossing
If you drive your child to school:
- Use proper car seats and seat belts
- Remain aware of the road and don't be distracted
- Use the designated carpool drop-off and pick-up lanes at your child's school
If your child busses:
- Wait at a safe distance from the bus in single file
- Don't push or shove in line
- Enter the bus one at a time
- Always look when crossing the street after exiting the bus
- Wait for the bus driver's signal before crossing in front of the bus
Stuff the Bus benefits students by partnering with the Student Advancement Foundation and Hand2hand Ministries and is brought to West Michigan by Amway , Fifth Third Bank , Craig's Cruisers , Meijer , Cintas , Dean Transportation , and the media partners: The River 100.5 , 98.7 WFGR , Channel 95.7 , WOTV 4/Maranda: Where You Live , and MLive Media Group .
The holiday season is kicking off in downtown Grand Rapids as the 40ft tree gets ready to light up city!
Maranda caught up with teachers and students from Comstock Public Schools to learn about their career readiness academy.
Maranda teams up with E.S.C.A.P.E. Fire Safety for some holiday advice.