GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - Here is a simple Easter craft that you can make with your kids. The "eggs in a nest" are great for decorating your house before Easter and tasty to dig into come the big day.
-A small balloon
-Small candy eggs (chocolate, jelly beans, malted milk eggs, etc.)
-1/2 cup of sugar water
-Scissors and tweezers
1. Insert your candy into the balloon.
2. Blow up the balloon and tie it off.
3. Cover the balloon with the string and paint with sugar water.
4. Let the balloon sit and dry for 24 hours.
5. Pop and balloon and carefully pull out the latex with a tweezers.
Maranda teams up with E.S.C.A.P.E. Fire Safety for some holiday advice.
The Sparkle Celebration is a holiday networking and shopping event to celebrate women entrepreneurs, and the latest evolution of GROW. See photos from the celebration here!
Did you know the Kostume Room is a wig bank for the American Cancer Society? They offer free wigs to anyone undergoing chemo or radiation. Gayle Vaartjes is the owner of the Kostume Room and came up with the idea after she was diagnosed with cancer in 2004. She was looking for a way to give back.