It's so much fun to visit the Meijer produce department at this time of year! Brightly colored winter squash, pumpkins, pears, and crisp apples are all in abundance. So fill your shopping cart and try these delicious and healthy recipes that are sure to please your family and friends.
Apple Orchard Salad
Makes 8 Servings
4 cups Meijer shredded rotisserie chicken breast
8 cups Dole spring greens
4 fresh Michigan Gala apples, sliced thin
1 cup Meijer shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup glazed walnuts
1 cup apple cider vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
1. Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl. Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover. Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover. You may want to put the apples into a mixture of water and lemon juice before adding to salad to prevent browning.
2. Sprinkle with glazed walnuts and serve.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
2 cups fresh apple cider
½ t. cracked black pepper
¼ cup Meijer apple cider vinegar
¼ t. salt
Dash of ground clove
¼ t. cinnamon
¼ cup sugar
1 cup Meijer canola oil
Mix all ingredients together (except oil), until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Dressing can be refrigerated for up to one week.
Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing
Makes 8 Servings
4 acorn squash, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
1-1/4 cups water
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup chopped peeled apples
1 cup Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Cut each squash piece lengthwise in half; place, cut-sides down, on microwaveable plate. Microwave on high for 12-15 min. or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring water and butter to boil in medium saucepan. Add stuffing mix and apples; stir. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min.; stir in cheese.
3. Turn squash over; top with stuffing. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. or until heated through.
Apple Pear Crumble
Makes 6 Servings
3 pears, peeled, cored, sliced
2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1 cup Meijer rolled oats
⅔ cup Meijer brown sugar
½ cup Meijer whole wheat flour
6 Tbsp. Meijer unsalted butter
¼ tsp. allspice
2 Tbsp. orange juice
¼ cup caramel dip
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly butter 8x8-inch baking pan, dust with flour. Cover bottom of baking dish with pears and apples.
3. Blend oats, brown sugar, flour, butter and allspice with electric mixer until it binds and is coarse. Crumble mixture over the pear and apple slices. Sprinkle with orange juice.
4. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown and fruit is soft. Drizzle with caramel dip.
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.