GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) - Coming off a holiday weekend doesn't mean this has to be a boring week! Check out fairs, farms and much more happening July 8 - 12 with Maranda's 105 Days of Summer Fun:
- Kent District Library is offers a program called RUFF Readers at several of branch locations. You can call to schedule a free 15 minute session where your child can read to a trained dog and handler. Reserve a spot and get a complete list of locations at 616-784-2007.
- Zeelmania Street Fair Fun for the HEALTH of It ~ Kick off! In Downtown Zeeland 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- SCUD Day: Savor the Comic, Unplug the Drama Day to encourage those who experience too much drama to enjoy some comedic relief. Go catch a comedy at Celebration Cinema! or rent your favorite movie for a good laugh.
- At 10 a.m. every Tuesday this summer the Downtown Market in Grand Rapids will offer free fun for kids! Activities include becoming a market artist, market crafts, jump roping, hula hooping and more!
- National Sugar Cookie Day
- Fun on the Farm with Ponies at Teusink's Pony Farm . Pony Ring Ride, Hayride, Hay maze, fishing, penny hunt, barn animals, exotic birds and feed the sheep and goats (50 cents a bag). 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Kids age 1-16: $6. Adults: $4. 1468 W. 32nd Street, Holland.
- Take a bike ride around Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids or somewhere close by to enjoy the outdoors. Don't forget to stop for ice cream afterward
- Wild Wednesday: Butterfly Bonanza at W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary. Enjoy hands-on, experimental learning activities focused on the cool world of butterflies. This program is designed for families with children eight and under. It's free for members and non-members, adults are $4. It's $3 for seniors and $2 for ages two to 12. 12685 East C Avenue, Augusta, MI.
- Maranda Park Party Smith Ryerson Park in Muskegon from Noon to 2 p.m.. Free lunches will be provided for kids 18 and under starting at 11:30 a.m..
- GRAM on the Green : Enjoy some high energy Celtic fusion music from The Moxie Strings with Fritz McGirr for a free night of outdoor music and dancing. Live music starts at 6:15 p.m. on GRAM's Terrace followed by ballroom dancing at 8:30 p.m.. New artists and music are offered every Friday through August 23.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.
It's the first Christmas lights competition of its kind for television! Four families will compete each week to transform their homes for the holidays for a big cash prize!
Enter to win a $50 SUBWAY Restaurant gift card from Jordan Carson and the Social Sizzle! Enter to win here!