I guarantee that you or someone you know has dropped a cell phone in the toilet, let it slip into the bathtub, put it through the wash, spilled a cup of coffee on it, or has had your cell phone waterlogged from one thing or another.
At our house both of our daughters love playing with my husband's iPhone. Our older daughter, Sophia, is responsible enough to play Angry Birds or take photos of herself making crazy faces or striking a pose. But, our one year old is in full on mischief making mode and having recently discovered the toilet, I'm sure my husband's cell phone will end up in there one of these days.
I recently came across an interesting article in Readers Digest with three simple steps that could save your phone. Although I haven't had to use it yet, I'm sure one of these days I'll have to fish a soggy iPhone out of the toilet and give it a whirl.
Here are three steps to attempt to save a soggy cell phone:
Step 1 – Remove the battery
It's tempting to power up your phone to see if it works, but just turning it on can short the circuits. Take out the battery and the SIM card, which can still retain the data even if your phone is fried.
Step 2 – Shorten the drying time
If the phone stays wet too long it will start to corrode. Many people resort to a hair dryer, but it's too hot and can damage your phone. The better choice would be a can of compressed air or a wet-dry vacuum.
Step 3 – Sop up the remaining moisture
Place your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice for at least 12 hours. If you don't have rice handy, place the phone on paper towels and then put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Replace the battery and power up to see if the phone works. If it doesn't, remove the battery and stick the phone back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
Good luck and let me know if any of you have to try this! I'd love to know if it really works.
Tuesday night has a seriously funny lineup on ABC! Check out what's in store for your favorite shows on WOTV4!
The community came together for a surprise dedication for a local Grand Haven woman. The dedication was in memory of Vicki Check's son, Andy Fox, who drowned in a rip current in Grand Haven. See the emotional video and photos here!
Ladies spent the evening mingling over desserts and cocktails while shopping to supporting a great local cause. Here are photos from this year's Shop Soirée charity event!