GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - We know it's important to get physical activity everyday, but who has time to work out on a daily basis? The Center for Disease Control recommends that adults need at least 300 minutes a week of moderate and vigorous intensity aerobic activity, and two or more days a week of muscle strengthening activities.
The more you do, the more health benefits you'll receive. Priority Health Wellness Ambassador, Barb Badolati, has put together five fitness moves to fit in throughout your day that are quick and easy, but still have a great impact.
1. March in place. Elaborate by marching for 16 counts, pivot a quarter turn and march in place for another 16 counts, change direction and march 16 counts.
2. Jumping jacks. If jumping is too difficult, try doing a half jack by extending one leg out at a time and include bringing your arms up overhead.
3. Stand in front of a chair and tap your foot on the edge of a chair seat. This is a little like marching in place, except you have to lift your leg higher and you're aiming on something specific. Alternate and include different arm variations.
4. Do some basic sit-ups and push-ups. Do as many as you can until you feel the "burn" then do just two more as a way to increase your strength. Your confidence will build too!
5. Have some resistant bands or hand-held weights and USE them! It can take you less than 5 minutes to do two sets of 12 overhead presses, 12 bicep curls and 12 tricep dips.
Keep in mind that these exercises can be done while watching TV, reading, having a conversation, while you're waiting on a call, or while you're booting up your computer. It's easy to discount the little things, but all activity adds up.
For more health and wellness insights visit Priority Health.
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.