Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services recently opened their new Mother and Baby Program which provides support for new mothers struggling with postpartum depression, anxiety and mood disorders.
The partial hospitalization program will treat a number of perinatal mood disorders and does it in a unique environment which lets mothers bring their babies to enhance mother/baby bonding. The program includes the addition of a nursery, allowing mothers to bring their babies with them on a daily basis. This feature removes many barriers to women seeking treatment such as separation from their baby, childcare and feeding issues and it allows us to work with mother and baby, eliminating poor outcomes for the baby.
The development of this program began more than three years ago and included contributions by many of colleagues, care providers and community organizations. All of the information and research identified a regional gap in care. Women receiving services in the Mother and Baby Program will benefit in a number of ways not available in current treatment programs:
• Groups and classes are specifically tailored to the needs of women who are pregnant or postpartum.
• Participants will benefit from spending time with women encountering the same issues.
• Women will receive treatment provided by psychiatrists and clinicians specifically trained in perinatal mood disorders.
• Clinical staff will help women with pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment options while considering physical needs such as pregnancy and lactation.
• Women can learn skills to help bond with their child and manage challenging symptoms.
• Treatment will help reduce the long term effects of the illness on children.
For more information on this program visit www.pinerest.org.
Ladies spent the evening mingling over desserts and cocktails while shopping to supporting a great local cause. Here are photos from this year's Shop Soirée charity event!
Yoga is truly for everyone. Anytime of the day you notice a feeling of stiffness or lethargy creeping up on you take a moment and take a seat. You can enjoy a full range of spinal movement from the foundation of any chair. Michele shares few moves to get you started.
Maranda has once again teamed up with a number of West Michigan businesses and organizations to help some families.