GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) - Fourth of July means fireworks, but remember serious injury can occur when dealing with fire. E.S.C.A.P.E. Fire Safety joined Maranda to give their safety tips for a safe and fun holiday weekend. Even a little sparkler can cause third degree burns, so use these tips any time when dealing with fireworks.
- Most important: Always be aware!
- Try taking the family to a firework display put on by professionals
- Always have a bucket of water near by
- Closely supervise children, teens, and even young adults who are using fireworks
- Wear safety glasses
- Never try to re-light a dud firework, wait 20 minutes and then soak in water
It's the first Christmas lights competition of its kind for television! Four families will compete each week to transform their homes for the holidays for a big cash prize!
ABC is heating up with all new episodes tonight! A familiar face returns to Grey's Anatomy, and loyalties are tested on Scandal. Here's what's in store for your favorite Thursday night shows on WOTV4!
In this melting pot we call America, now more than ever before, there’s a growing interest in preserving individual cultural traditions — before it’s too late. In our own community of Grand Rapids, one can find pockets of cultural shopping and crafts where folks are showing a new appreciation for their own origins. Sherwin-Williams Colormix 2014 forecast calls this palette INTRINSIC.