Spend the New Year celebrating with your kids. Invite other families over and plan a family friendly party right in your own living room!
Start by preparing fun finger foods that both kids and adults will enjoy. Some ideas are mini pigs in a blanket, mac n' cheese bites, hummus with pita chips and veggies, chips and dip, mini meatballs, small triangle sandwiches and fruit kabobs.
Another fun food suggestion is a make your own pizza station. Use flatbread or pitas and have tomato sauce and all the toppings set out. Everyone can customize their own mini pizzas and it's a great way to incorporate the kids in the kitchen.
When it comes to party ideas and themes, here are some easy ones that kids and adults can get into:
- Movie Marathons: Depending on the age of the party guests, consider renting movies that have two or three parts to them, such as Toy Story or Cars.
- Karaoke Party: Rent or purchase a karaoke machine and be as loud as you want to while belting out your favorite hits.
- Dance Party: Make a playlist or a mix CD of kid-friendly tunes. If you have a Wii, set-up Just Dance and show off your moves.
- Crafts: In between eating, singing and dancing, think about a craft station for the kids.
- Festive Ball Drop: Let even the kids stay up late and blow up balloons to use for a ball drop of your own. Or, if you have little ones, you can ring in the New Year at anytime during the evening. Make it fun and give the kids sparkling apple juice to toast with.
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.