GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - There's almost nothing when it comes to parties that hasn't already been done. In the nearly 1,000 private parties I've planned over the last six years as General Manager for Cygnus 27 , I have seen just about every variation of our menu and possibility for decorating in our spaces.
So how do you make your birthday party, anniversary party, wedding reception, or other event truly unique to you? One especially unique way to spice up an event – and help cater to dietary restrictions – is to utilize a food station.
We have been doing food stations at Cygnus 27 for years now, and this style of service always seems to generate more conversation and energy at the many wedding rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, and business functions we've hosted.
The possibilities are really endless when it comes to food stations. They are extremely customizable, and since we have a team of chefs from the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel behind us, we can make just about any request work. However, these are some of the tried and true food stations that I have seen work well.
TRIED AND TRUE FOOD STATIONS
1. Moo-shu bar – Guests begin with an Asian crepe and build a "burrito" with vegetables and sauces of their choosing.
2. Lettuce wrap station – Guests select which ingredients they would like wrapped in lettuce, with items like chicken, crispy noodles, and spicy peanut sauce.
3. Pasta bar – Guests choose from a variety of fresh vegetables, meats, and sauces to be sautéed before them for a delicious, customized pasta dish.
4. Potato bar – Using mashed sweet potatoes or white potatoes as a base, guests choose from several fun toppings to add to their comforting side dish.
5. Raw bar – Items like oysters and shrimp are always favorites at private dining parties, and add visual interest to the room.
6. Coffee bar – Guests may add their own flavored syrups and whipped cream, along with toppings like freshly shaved chocolate.
Do you have a special event coming up – or have you been thinking of throwing a party to celebrate an upcoming birthday or anniversary? Cygnus 27 has versatile private dining spaces that can be tailored perfectly for everything from a wedding reception to a baby shower to a business function.
If you are interested in holding a private dining event at Cygnus , contact Katie Deitrich at 616.774.2000 Ext. 6121 or Cygnus27@amwaygrand.com.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.
It's the first Christmas lights competition of its kind for television! Four families will compete each week to transform their homes for the holidays for a big cash prize!
Enter to win a $50 SUBWAY Restaurant gift card from Jordan Carson and the Social Sizzle! Enter to win here!