GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - The Gazelle Girl run is set for April 13th in downtown Grand Rapids and thousands of women are joining in the fun! You should too. This event is for women only so if you've never done a race before it's the perfect opportunity to get started in a non intimidating race environment. WOTV 4 Women is excited to be a sponsor of this event and you can join our Crew of West Michigan experts at every fitness level. Run or walk it's up to you.
10 Reasons to Sign Up for the 5K
1. Celebrate the 40th anniversary of Title IX, the law that made discrimination between men's and women's educational programs illegal.
2. To honor women.
3. To build relationships and meet new people.
4. To get out and get moving.
5. Because your health impacts your families health.
6. To raise money for local women's charities like, Girls on the Run, GROW and the YWCA.
7. To have fun!
8. To challenge yourself to a new level.
9. To show your kids that being active is important.
10. To put yourself and your health first.
April 12, 2013 - Expotique
Expotique & Packet Pickup
3-8pm - downtown Grand Rapids
April 13, 2013 - Race day
6-7:30am Packet Pickup (no race day registration)
7:55am - National Anthem
8am - Half Marathon start at Rosa Parks Circle
8:05am - 5k Run and Walk start
$25 Dec 1 - Feb 28
$30 March 1 - April 9
Online registration closes April 9 at midnight.
$35 Late registration April 12 at Expotique (no shirt guaranteed).
No race day registration.
The winning school is announced in the Salvation Army Kettle Creation Contest.
Shari Steinbach, from Meijer has some great holiday gift ideas.
It's OK to Deck The Halls, just Don't Burn Them Down This Holiday Season.