GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) - New floors are an exciting upgrade for any room, but there are some things to think about before committing. Keeping these tips in mind will help you make the right choice every time.
Think about room logistics:
• How do you use the room most—what types of activities are common there?
• What are the room's lighting sources? (In a room with less natural light, for example, you might want to consider a lighter-colored floor.)
• What is the room's size?
• Does the room open to others or stand alone?
Think about existing or intended aesthetics:
• How do you want to feel when you're in this room?
• What types of furnishings do you have?
• What's the style or feel of the room? Traditional, contemporary or rustic? Casual, formal or somewhere in between?
Consider risk factors for the room:
• Does the room open directly to the outside?
• Do you have indoor pets?
• Will people have food in this room?
• Will kids play in this room? (Or better yet, will kids play with their food in this room?)
Understand expectations for the room:
• Is your flooring purchase prompted by the desire for style or for practicality?
• What's the first thing you want to notice when you enter the room?
• Is the floor for your use, or do you plan to sell your home?
Experience the magic of Grand Rapids with a ride through the city on a horse-drawn carriage.
Student marvels at how far they've come at West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids.
Maranda and her partners joined together for a special holiday celebration at Meijer for foster & refugee families with Bethany Christian Services. WOTV 4 Women along with Bethany Christian Services, Craig's Cruisers, Meijer, Fifth-Third Bank & Priority Health & other partners spent the night meeting these special families during a taping of Maranda Where You Live. The night was filled with food, entertainment and shopping with these special families.